- Requires modifications to exhaust system.
- Requires new shock absorbers unless installed in conjunction with Rear Axle Shock Mount [JKS PN: OGS922].
- Heavy duty crossmember-type shock mount provides multiple damping rates from a single shock absorber
- Four shock mounting options enable optimization of performance and travel for each application
- Angled shock position produces cantilever effect for greater travel, while mechanical advantage improves ride quality with firm valved shocks
- Heavy duty shock mounting studs eliminate factory bar pin design for improved bushing longevity and reduced noise
- New mounting location increases selection of compatible shock absorbers and improves access for painless adjustments
- Utilizes existing shock absorbers if Rear Axle Shock Mount [JKS PN: OGS922] is installed at same time
The rear suspension on Cherokee XJ models is capable of providing incredible axle articulation when properly modified. However, it can be very difficult to find a set of long-travel shock absorbers that are compatible with the vehicle's weight and factory shock mounts. Most long-travel shocks are valved for heavier vehicles, and when installed on the relatively lightweight XJ the ride quality is simply unacceptable. The few long-travel shocks that are valved appropriately for the XJ are rarely offered in the size needed. In other words, you are forced to make a compromise between performance and comfort. Adjustable Shock Mount; Rear upper; Heavy duty crossmember; Four shock mount positions; Attaches directly to factory shock mounts; Heavy gauge steel construction; Powdercoated; Bolt-on; Kit
JSPEC™ Suspension by JKS products deliver American Ingenuity and Workmanship to consumers without compromising performance or dependability. JSPEC™ Suspension by JKS are comprised of JKS Manufacturing components, the best and most trusted Jeep® accessories in the industry.
The JSPEC™ Suspension by JKS represents Jeep®-specific engineering at its best. With more than 60 years of combined experience centered around this iconic 4WD legend, our expert team of industry specialists understand the Jeep® lifestyle inside and out.
While many of our competitors are having their products produced overseas, we remain committed to manufacturing and assembling every JSPEC™ Suspension product here at home. When we say that JSPEC™ Suspension products are "Made in USA", that is exactly what we mean.
Right from the start, every JSPEC™ Suspension by JKS product is designed for trouble-free operation and dependable performance. We strive for elegant simplicity because unexpected complications can quickly turn any adventure into a disaster.
JSPEC™ Suspension by JKS products are always developed to enhance the Jeep® ownership experience. Our customers rely on their vehicles for so much more than off-road performance and we guarantee our products to excel in all environments.
- 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- Some one
- New York