- More stopping power than the road can handle, Saturn has you covered: Check out our Saturn BBK, the perfect street kit that will complement any tuning upgrade. Street cars are all about looks and performance and our Saturn BBK will outperform the competition in style.
- The perfect blend of performance & style: Our Saturn BBK consists of; lightweight forged brake calipers, true 2-pc floating rotors and a set of our Sparta Performance Pads (SPP1.0). The perfect blend of components for daily driving ensuring low dust, great initial bite and dependable braking under high temperatures. Couple all of that with the sleek appearance and our Saturn BBK is very appealing behind any set of wheels.
- Over-engineered to win, accept no compromise in the chase for perfection: Brakes are one of the most crucial components found on a vehicle, not only from a safety aspect but also under racing conditions. They can be the difference in winning or losing! Sparta's heritage and knowledge have been built through 30+ years of supply the OEM's, where reliability, performance and safety have been at the forefront of each and every design. Learn more about our brake features below.
- 2-pc slotted, floating rotors - 'GP2': Engineered to endure extreme conditions, Sparta's GP2 rotors feature a true free-floating two 2-pc design. All GP2 rotors undergo stringent quality inspection procedures, from the center hat to the rotor ring. Our rotor hats are machined from billet aluminum to ensure maximum strength and weight reduction. Laboratory and on track testing have proven that our CX3.5 rotor alloy lasts longer and provides more stable friction profiles. GP2 rotors are coated with our E-Met formulation. This coating protects our rotors against rust and corrosion better than the leading coating on the market. With these features paired with our patented thermal window (TW3) slot pattern and dynamic continuous flow (DCF96) and pillar/post vane design, Sparta's rotors will outperform the competition.
- Lightweight forged calipers: One of the crucial foundations of any braking system is the effectiveness and reliability of clamping pressure. Find out why Sparta calipers guarantee just that.
- Brake pad material choice is critical to realize the full potential of any caliper: Any experienced driver will agree that selecting the correct brake pad friction material is essential to maximize performance and maintain confident & consistent braking. Select the wrong material and the pad surface could overheat, degrading the friction surface of your brake pad to the point where brake failure becomes a serious factor. Equally as worse the pad may require high operating temperatures which if not achieved can have a similar effect. At Sparta we aim to educate our customers so they can select the correct brake pad for their needs.
- The complete braking solution: Sparta's range of big brake kits includes all necessary components to ensure complete and easy installation including: brake caliper pair, brake rotors, disc bell mounts, caliper mounting brackets, brake pads, brake lines, brake fluid and relevant fasteners.
Floating Rotors ‘GP2’:
'TW3' Works as well as it looks:
To create the perfect rotor there needs to be a balance of available friction surface combined with a limited number of slots. Too many slots will leave less friction surface, therefore reducing brake efficiency. This will also cause an excess of pad resin deposits across the friction surface which if left to buildup can lead to 'hot spots'. Resin build-up can become so severe that it can cause brake shudder, pedal pulsation and sever vibration through the steering wheel. It most cases these symptoms are mistaken for rotor runout or a warped disc.
Sparta's engineers have studied the ramifications of pad resin build up on the rotor face and the effects it has on the braking system. These studies led to the creation of our patented TW3 (Thermal Window 3) slot design.
By machining our TW3 slot pattern into the face of the rotor, the pad resin spread becomes more even across the friction surface, reducing the chances of hot spots and pad deposits. To further minimize rotor stress, the TW3 slots start and end over the pillars in our patented DCF96 vent pattern, preventing excessive material thickness variations that can lead to cracking in extreme thermal environments.
'DCF96' The new standard for rotor ventilation:
Our patented Dynamic Continuous Flow (DCF96) brake disc vane design has proven to be superior to other designs on the market, addressing many weaknesses found in traditional vane designs. Traditional discs feature vane patterns that are either straight or curved. When heat is applied to a traditional disc, the material will expand both radially and linearly. The linear expansion results in the disc's friction surfaces ballooning outwards, which can cause up to a 30% loss of pad contact with the rotor. Another symptom of this linear expansion manifests as a shudder in the steering wheel or pedal under light braking pressure, commonly attributed to disc thickness variation (DTV).
The DCF96 vane design reduces and helps eliminate this linear expansion. The secret is in the vane design, which features 96 strategically placed pillars and posts for advanced heat distribution and DTV minimization. As a disc rotates, ambient air flows through the disc's ventilation channel. The air then circulates around the pillars, helping dissipate the heat and expel it away from the disc. The pockets in the DCF96 design conduct heat away from the friction surface and into the pillars, reducing the disc's linear expansion. The DCF96 vane design is multi-directional, meaning that they can be installed on either side of the vehicle without affecting their cooling efficiency, as opposed to traditional curved vane patterns that lose cooling efficiency if spun in the wrong direction.
Saturn brake calipers have been designed specifically for the performance enthusiast and are suitable for both street and light track use.
Available in both 4 and 6 piston configurations, our Saturn caliper bodies are produced using the same material as our high specification Triton and Triton-R, T6061 forged aluminum. The caliper itself is assembled with two halves and are bolted together via the inner block of the caliper utilizing high tensile strength alloy bolts.
High tensile aluminum caliper pistons are installed with our dual seal system to ensure a long life span through the harshest winter months and toughest road conditions.
To continue with our mission in producing lightweight, high-performance brakes, Saturn big brake kits are supplied with lightweight aluminum mounting brackets and all necessary mounting hardware.
Brand: Sparta Evolution
- 2008-2013 Infiniti G37
- 2007-2008 Infiniti G35
- 2009-2017 Nissan 370Z
- Some one
- New York