- Speed is a key factor in any race, but then so is the ability to stop equally as fast: The demanding conditions associated with motorsports create brutal environments for a vehicles components. Continuous use of the braking system generates incredibly high temperatures and accelerated wear on brake pads, fluid, rotors and calipers. Sparta's Triton-R caliper was born under those conditions and has been specifically designed to endure this level of punishment.
- The perfect blend of design & engineering prowess: Our flagship BBK; the Triton-R has been developed specifically for motorsport use and represents the pinnacle of Sparta's racing program. A lightweight forged two piece caliper that utilizes titanium hardware and includes features such as castellated pistons as standard. With the Triton-R you can brake harder, brake later and drive every second down with total confidence, lap after lap.
- Increased braking force and excessive weight reduction is only achieved by superior design: The challenge to develop any high performance brake system hangs on the success of the design. Weight reduction is a key component in motorsports, but so is the ability to retain reliable and consistent braking corner after corner. Discover what makes our components so special.
- 2-pc slotted, floating rotors -'GP2': Engineered to endure extreme conditions, Sparta’s GP2 rotors feature a true free-floating 2-pc design. All GP2 rotors undergo stringent quality inspection procedures, from the center hat to the rotor ring. Our rotor hats are machined from billet aluminum to ensure maximum strength and weight reduction. Laboratory and on track testing have proven that our CX3.5 rotor alloy lasts longer and provides more stable friction profiles. GP2 rotors are coated with our E-Met formulation. This coating protects our rotors against rust and corrosion better than the leading coatings on the market. With these features, paired with our patented thermal window (TW3) slot pattern and our dynamic continuous flow (DCF96) pillar/post vane design, Sparta's rotors will outperform the competition.
- Lightweight forged calipers: One of the crucial foundations of any braking system is the effectiveness and reliability of clamping pressure. Find out why Sparta calipers guarantee just that.
- Brake pad material choice is critical to realize the full potential of any caliper: Any experienced driver will agree that selecting the correct brake pad friction material is essential to maximize performance and maintain confident & consistent braking. Select the wrong material and the pad surface could overheat, degrading the friction surface of your brake pad to the point where brake failure becomes serious factor. Equally as worse the pad may require high operating temperatures which if not achieved can have a similar effect. At Sparta we aim to educate our customers so they can select the correct brake pad for their needs.
- The complete braking solution: Sparta's range of big brake kits include all necessary components to ensure complete and easy installation including: brake caliper pair, brake rotors, disc bell mounts, caliper mounting brackets, brake pads, brake lines, brake fluid and relevant fasteners.
Floating rotors 'GP2':
'TW3' Works as well as it looks:
To create the perfect rotor there needs to be a balance of available friction surface combined with a limited number of slots. Too many slots will leave less friction surface, therefore reducing brake efficiency. This will also cause an excess of pad resin deposits across the friction surface which if left to build-up can lead to 'hot spots'. Resin build-up can become so severe that it can cause brake shudder, pedal pulsation and sever vibration through the steering wheel. It most cases these symptoms are mistaken for rotor runout or a warped disc.
Sparta's engineers have studied the ramifications of pad resin build up on the rotor face and the effects it has on the braking system. These studies led to the creation of our patented TW3 (Thermal Window 3) slot design.
By machining our TW3 slot pattern into the face of the rotor, the pad resin spread becomes more even across the friction surface, reducing the chances of hot spots and pad deposits. To further minimize rotor stress, the TW3 slots start and end over the pillars in our patented DCF96 vent pattern, preventing excessive material thickness variations that can lead to cracking in extreme thermal environments.
'DCF96' The new standard for rotor ventilation:
Our patented Dynamic Continuous Flow (DCF96) brake disc vane design has proven to be superior to other designs on the market, addressing many weaknesses found in traditional vane designs. Traditional discs feature vane patterns that are either straight or curved. When heat is applied to a traditional disc, the material will expand both radially and linearly. The linear expansion results in the disc's friction surfaces ballooning outwards, which can cause up to a 30% loss of pad contact with the rotor. Another symptom of this linear expansion manifests as a shudder in the steering wheel or pedal under light braking pressure, commonly attributed to disc thickness variation (DTV).
The DCF96 vane design reduces and helps eliminate this linear expansion. The secret is in the vane design, which features 96 strategically placed pillars and posts for advanced heat distribution and DTV minimization. As a disc rotates, ambient air flows through the disc's ventilation channel. The air then circulates around the pillars, helping dissipate the heat and expel it away from the disc. The pockets in the DCF96 design conduct heat away from the friction surface and into the pillars, reducing the disc's linear expansion. The DCF96 vane design is multi-directional, meaning that they can be installed on either side of the vehicle without affecting their cooling efficiency, as opposed to traditional curved vane patterns that lose cooling efficiency if spun in the wrong direction.
Welcome to Sparta's premium race caliper. Produced from forged billet aluminum and weighing in at only 6.93lbs (3.15Kg) it is arguably one of the lightest brake calipers on the market today.
Assembled utilizing lightweight titanium hardware, the Triton-R carries a slender lightweight body in order to achieve maximum weight reduction, while the through-bolt system ensures minimum deflection under extreme pressures. Add to this our aluminum, hard anodized, castellated pistons (helping to reduce heat transfer into the caliper body) and you have very strong foundations for race winning brakes.
Available in four or six piston configurations and utilizing our quick release pad retainer design, we have race days covered; maximum use, minimum effort!. We offer a wide arrange of race compounds to complement the Triton-R system. But if you have a favorite compound, the pad pocket in the Triton-R caliper accepts the common FMSI shape, so you can still have the perfect combination of hardware.
Finally we each caliper body is coated in our Nickel Alloy finish which is as much for protection as it is for incredible looks.
Brand: Sparta Evolution
- 2011-2011 BMW 1 Series M
- 2008-2013 BMW M3
- Some one
- New York